Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Read receipts on for an individual just stop working

Read receipts are currently turned on for a specific individual however at times they will completely just stop sending for iMessages. When you look at the contact information in the conversation they still appear to be turned on but not sending. If you toggle them off and back on they will start sending again. Anyone else seen issues like this before? Thanks!

iPhone 6s

Posted on Feb 17, 2020 11:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2020 11:30 AM

Yes, I have seen that happen however NOT with the Read Receipt box checked. In other words, when the read receipts failed to send then the box was NOT checked (occurring on its own). I would check it again and then, generally, after an update or a restart of a device that is part of my Apple ID, it tends to happen (at times). I cannot duplicate it at will.

What concerns me is that, in your case, it happens even when the read receipt box is checked for that contact.

Make sure your iPhone is updated to the most recent iOS and also try a Force ReStart as shown here-->>Force restart iPhone - Apple Support to squash anything that may be helping this condition in RAM.

Good Luck.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 17, 2020 11:30 AM in response to jdebruycker

Yes, I have seen that happen however NOT with the Read Receipt box checked. In other words, when the read receipts failed to send then the box was NOT checked (occurring on its own). I would check it again and then, generally, after an update or a restart of a device that is part of my Apple ID, it tends to happen (at times). I cannot duplicate it at will.

What concerns me is that, in your case, it happens even when the read receipt box is checked for that contact.

Make sure your iPhone is updated to the most recent iOS and also try a Force ReStart as shown here-->>Force restart iPhone - Apple Support to squash anything that may be helping this condition in RAM.

Good Luck.

Axel F.

Read receipts on for an individual just stop working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.