Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Boot Camp Error Code 0xc0000225

Recently I tried uninstalling Windows on my iMac. When I did this using Boot Camp it crashed. At first it appeared as if it was gone, but when turning on my iMac and holding down option I still see "Boot Camp". When I try to boot into it I get error code 0xc0000225. I've already read this article: If you see error codes 0xc000000f or 0xc0000225 when installing Windows 10 - Apple Support (I know it's for installation, but in the first steps it's to remove it before attempting to install it again). This article was no help because in Disk Utility I only see one partition, the one I use for macOS. How exactly do I remove Windows altogether? Also, something of note, ever since this happened my system performance has been terrible.

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 17, 2020 11:27 AM

Similar questions

14 replies

Feb 17, 2020 12:11 PM in response to Tractor_Tippers

Sorry, I posted the only information I found. As suggested, do some searching. Perhaps you will find another link that will help.

If you cannot boot from the Windows installer in order to startup in repair mode, then I have no idea what to suggest you do besides re-partitioning and reformatting the entire disk. You might prefer avoiding that, if possible.

You can search for the user, Loner T, and asking him for help. He is our resident expert on Boot Camp.

Feb 17, 2020 4:28 PM in response to Loner T

Here's that diskutil list output (note that I’m censoring out some personal information with "*"):

*@* ~ % diskutil list

/dev/disk0 (internal, physical):

#:                       TYPE NAME                    SIZE       IDENTIFIER

0:      GUID_partition_scheme                        *1.0 TB     disk0

1:                        EFI EFI                     209.7 MB   disk0s1

2:                 Apple_APFS Container disk1         1000.0 GB  disk0s2

/dev/disk1 (synthesized):

#:                       TYPE NAME                    SIZE       IDENTIFIER

0:      APFS Container Scheme -                      +1000.0 GB  disk1

Physical Store disk0s2

1:                APFS Volume * - Data     124.8 GB   disk1s1

2:                APFS Volume Preboot                 86.8 MB    disk1s2

3:                APFS Volume Recovery                526.6 MB   disk1s3

4:                APFS Volume VM                      5.4 GB     disk1s4

5:                APFS Volume *            11.1 GB    disk1s5

Feb 18, 2020 5:51 AM in response to Tractor_Tippers

We need to check if there is a Microsoft folder in the EFI partition. Run

sudo diskutil mount disk0s1

This will mount the EFI partition. In Finder, click on the EFI volume and check if there is a Microsoft folder in the partition. If there, move it to trash, empty trash, run SMC and NVRAM Reset and retry. You should also verify that you have a clean W10 ISO.

Boot Camp Error Code 0xc0000225

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.