Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Shared album won't sync fully with MacBook Pro

Yesterday, I created two shared albums in Photos from my iPhone 7 (iOS 13.3.1). One album has 13 photos; the second album has 16. The first album synced with Photos on my MacBook Pro with no problem. The second album displays only two of the 16 photos.

The shared album displays all 16 photos on the iPhone and on my iPad. People who've subscribed to the shared album have all 16 photos, but my own MacBook Pro has just two.

Why?

I've tried restarting the MacBook; I've restarted my iPhone. I've signed out of my iCloud account and signed back in. I hope someone here can point me to a solution.

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 17, 2020 3:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2020 1:22 PM

Update: This may interest users who've had a similar problem. I called Apple Support and spoke with a young woman named Katie. After a few minutes, Katie told me to delete all 16 photos from the shared album and then put them back. It worked. Now I see all 16 photos on all my devices. No one could point to a cause for this problem, but the solution worked.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 18, 2020 1:22 PM in response to Lucas1948

Update: This may interest users who've had a similar problem. I called Apple Support and spoke with a young woman named Katie. After a few minutes, Katie told me to delete all 16 photos from the shared album and then put them back. It worked. Now I see all 16 photos on all my devices. No one could point to a cause for this problem, but the solution worked.

Shared album won't sync fully with MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.