Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari can't open the page because too many redirects occurred

Hi,

Tonight I started having issues with my internet on both my phone and iPad. It started on my phone when I could access a email link. I then tried on my iPad and it still didn’t work. I thought there was an issue with the link on this email however when I then tried to google something else and try to click on a website I got errors on my iPad saying it couldn’t open the page due to too many redirections and then my WiFi stopped working. I tried to reconnect my WiFi again and now I can’t use internet at all on my iPad. I tried to clear my internet history as mentioned in previous feeds but that didn’t work. For some reason I can access internet on my iPad using my phone hotspot but not my home WiFi. I was able to update my software using my phone hotspot but unfortunately that didn’t fix the issue neither did turning my phone off and on again. My phone is now working fine with the internet but my iPad internet will not work when connected to my home WiFi. It’s been connected to it for years and never had a problem until right now. My Ipad will not connect at all now to my home WiFi due to this redirection error that keeps appearing. How can I fix this??

iPad mini, iOS 12

Posted on Feb 18, 2020 4:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2020 2:37 PM

The most likely resolution to your network connectivity problem will be to reset your network settings:

Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings

After this reset, you should be able to rejoin your WiFi network.

I hope you find this helpful in resolving your connectivity issue.

Similar questions

3 replies

Feb 18, 2020 1:49 PM in response to QuickPost

Thank you for your answer. I had read that somewhere but my problem is the website has completely stuffed my iPad to the point I can’t connect to my WiFi at all let alone try to access any websites or email etc. Something has happened now with the connection between my iPad and WiFi. The second I connect to my WiFi it signs me out immediately with the error. I’m not accessing any websites as I wiped my history clean and don’t even get a chance to click on safari before I get signed out of internet.

Safari can't open the page because too many redirects occurred

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.