Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Exchange contacts are duplicated in Contacts app

When I select to use contacts through my Exchange account on my MacBook Air, I end up with 2 contacts folders and 2 suggested contact folders, which duplicates all the contacts. I have turned contacts off and on. I've tried different combinations of restarts and contacts on/off numerous times but I cannot figure out how to fix this issue.

I don't use iCloud for contacts.

I don't use a PC at all (which came up in another thread about this issue)

I don't have the duplicate issue on any other device (iphone/ipad/Macbook Pro), just MacBook Air.

I typically use Mac Mail, but have checked Mac Outlook and the contacts are not duplicated there.

The contacts are not duplicated on the Exchange Server

MacOS Catalina - 10.15.3

Macbook Air Mid 2012

Does anyone have a solution for this issue?

Thanks,

Kim

MacBook Air

Posted on Feb 18, 2020 7:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2020 8:18 AM

I ended up removing the Exchange account from everywhere (Remove from ALL). I then added it back into internet accounts by way of the contacts app. It's taking a long time to rebuild, but the duplicate contact folders are no longer there so it appears to have worked.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 28, 2020 8:18 AM in response to ke715

I ended up removing the Exchange account from everywhere (Remove from ALL). I then added it back into internet accounts by way of the contacts app. It's taking a long time to rebuild, but the duplicate contact folders are no longer there so it appears to have worked.

Exchange contacts are duplicated in Contacts app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.