Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Orange smudge on my MacBook Pro's display

My 2016 MacBook Pro's display suddenly has a giant orange smudge on the right side of the display. An hour ago everything was fine. Opened it again and now it's there and it won't go away.

After a quick search I found I'm not the only one having this issue.

https://gregsamborski.com/macbook-pro-led-screen-discoloration-spots-15-2017-touch-bar/

This MacBook has alway never been carried in a dedicated compartment or thick laptop sleeve. Nevertheless it has never been dropped or come close to moisture of any kind.

I believe Apple should extend it's warranty to solve this problem. It's unacceptable for a device with a price tag like this.

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.14

Posted on Feb 18, 2020 8:59 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Feb 19, 2020 4:04 AM in response to MrHoffman

Thanks MrHoffman. :)

I tried Apple Support, but I can't call or even use the chat function on their website. Apple considers very basic customer service as some kind of specialty that expires with your regular warranty. It's super annoying.

I know this is a users forum. I'm posting this so people with similar problems know they're not on their own.

Orange smudge on my MacBook Pro's display

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.