Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPad when i plug it in to the wall outlet it flashes from the white screen with apple logo to a black screen then back to the apple logo , when i plug it into the computer iTunes doesn't see it and nothing comes on the screen

What can i do, no cable Ive tried will make iTunes see the iPad . Plug it into the wall and it will flash from the white screen with apple logo to black screen continuously. It never shows the low battery signal just the white screen with logo then black screen loop. Im at a loss it won't enter recovery mode when plugged into the computer. It will enter recovery when plugged into the wall but as soon as i unplug it to plug into the computer it shuts off.

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 3rd Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on Feb 18, 2020 2:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2020 2:20 PM

You need to contact Apple and schedule service, or make a Genius Bar appointment to have the device checked. A restart loop like that is not normal, and it can be either a software or hardware issue. If you are unable to get the device into Recovery Mode, then only Apple will be able to do something about it. You can use the link at the top of the page here to set up service, or make a Genius Bar appointment here, www.apple.com/retail/geniusbar

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 18, 2020 2:20 PM in response to peterbilt1967

You need to contact Apple and schedule service, or make a Genius Bar appointment to have the device checked. A restart loop like that is not normal, and it can be either a software or hardware issue. If you are unable to get the device into Recovery Mode, then only Apple will be able to do something about it. You can use the link at the top of the page here to set up service, or make a Genius Bar appointment here, www.apple.com/retail/geniusbar

Feb 18, 2020 2:38 PM in response to peterbilt1967

That will not help. If you cannot get it into Recovery Mode when plugging it into the computer, see the instructions here, If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple Support you are going to have to have Apple examine the device. Maybe try another port on the computer, or if you can a different computer. Maybe there is an issue with the power for the USB port on the computer. If this is a desktop, try using one on the back of the computer instead of the front. The iPad requires a little more power than the iPhone does, so the port has to be able to supply that.

My iPad when i plug it in to the wall outlet it flashes from the white screen with apple logo to a black screen then back to the apple logo , when i plug it into the computer iTunes doesn't see it and nothing comes on the screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.