Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Replacement phone

Hi all,

I just got a replacement phone as mine was cracked on the back and that requires a whole new phone. A couple hours later, I realized, what if I had asked for a different color? Or even a different model? I’d be willing to pay a little extra for that, as my insurance is covering it all, but does anyone know if that would be allowed?

iPhone XR

Posted on Feb 18, 2020 3:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2020 4:55 PM

If you replaced it via Apple no they would not let you switch to another color or upgrade. You could trade-in your iPhone after you repaired it and buy a new one: Apple Trade In - Apple

2 replies

Feb 18, 2020 4:22 PM in response to mokiboki

Depends on your insurance and what they cover. If they handle it only with a device of their choosing (which may be 3rd party refurbished) then you could ask. If they only cover a standard Apple service replacement, then Apple will insist on it being a comparable service replacement down to the color and storage capacity.

Replacement phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.