Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Downloading limit issues

I am a new Apple customer, recently hot an iPad 6th Gen, and so iPads in general are foriegn to me. But I dont have wifi at home and instead have Unlimited data with Sprint for both the ipad and my phone. I noticed when trying to download certian app updates or even recently a movie I purchased on Prime Video that I wanted to download to it, I keep getting messages about it hitting a limit and that I should connect to Wifi to begin the download. I dont have wifi.

So how do I shut those limits off? I just want it to use the Cell Data for everything regardless of size. But when i try to follow directions online, I'm not seeing the 'Always Allow' option anywhere.

There has to be a way to get around this. Its the only reason I got the iPad in the first place was to download and stream movies and now apparently there is a limit and I cant unless i connect to wifi?

I turned the Wifi option off already and even flipped the switch on the Use Cellular Data botton. Still nothing.

How do I tell this thing to just download what I'm asking, regardless of size, from the data?

Posted on Feb 18, 2020 4:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2020 4:16 PM

If that happened to me, I would set up my iPhone as a Hotspot, which would use Sprint's cellular data to provide a Wi-Fi signal which your iPad could use.

How to set up a Personal Hotspot on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

This may or may not work to overcome your cellular data restriction, but I suggest it's worth a try.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 18, 2020 4:16 PM in response to Cmarie5035

If that happened to me, I would set up my iPhone as a Hotspot, which would use Sprint's cellular data to provide a Wi-Fi signal which your iPad could use.

How to set up a Personal Hotspot on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

This may or may not work to overcome your cellular data restriction, but I suggest it's worth a try.

Downloading limit issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.