Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

importing another library in Aperture

I'm compiling libraries and have one Aplibrary that is 43 G in size and am trying to add/mer/import one the is 7G in size - I do think there may be similar pics but not all - I've just imported without any issue 3 other libraries to this one but now when I try I get this message ==

Error Importing Library

The library could not be imported because it is a duplicate of the library currently running.

I have tried to import the 7G initothe 43G and vice versa, same message - Aperture otherwise works fine on Mojave, just am cleaning up libraries before I try to migrate

iMac 27" 5K, macOS 10.14

Posted on Feb 19, 2020 8:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2020 9:14 AM

This can happen, Victoria, if one of the libraries has been created from the other Library. I had a similar problem when I exported a partial library from my main library to a different Mac to take with me on a photo shooting trip. When I wanted to import the exported library back, I got the same error message as you are reporting.

For me, this work-around helped:

• I created a new, empty Aperture Library.
  • Then I imported a new photo into this empty library.
  • Then I merged the smaller Aperture Library into this new library to turn it into a new library.
  • Now I imported the new library into the larger Aperture Library.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 19, 2020 9:14 AM in response to Victoria Herring

This can happen, Victoria, if one of the libraries has been created from the other Library. I had a similar problem when I exported a partial library from my main library to a different Mac to take with me on a photo shooting trip. When I wanted to import the exported library back, I got the same error message as you are reporting.

For me, this work-around helped:

• I created a new, empty Aperture Library.
  • Then I imported a new photo into this empty library.
  • Then I merged the smaller Aperture Library into this new library to turn it into a new library.
  • Now I imported the new library into the larger Aperture Library.

importing another library in Aperture

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.