Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Duplicate Aperture Libraries?

I'm in the process of compiling and culling my many Aplibraries before moving to a different program - I had one library called ApertureLibrary2008 and then another one named ApertureLibrary2009 -- I wanted to double check and compared the Projects in one with the other == the Project names and numbers/count are the same [ie Alaska 2008 has 273 images in both of the Libraries] - BUT one library is 305G in size and the other is 409 in size. Before I move further any ideas as to why if both have the same number of Projects and images one library is about 100G larger in size? Thanks.

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 10.14

Posted on May 29, 2020 8:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2020 4:20 PM

You may have created the previews in different sizes when working with the library. Or synced one library with iTunes and it may contain a large iPod Photo Cache.

You may want to check the sizes of the folders in the library package. Ctrl-click the library, use "Show Package Contents", check the size of the Masters folder and the Previews folder. Are there any differences?

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 29, 2020 4:20 PM in response to Victoria Herring

You may have created the previews in different sizes when working with the library. Or synced one library with iTunes and it may contain a large iPod Photo Cache.

You may want to check the sizes of the folders in the library package. Ctrl-click the library, use "Show Package Contents", check the size of the Masters folder and the Previews folder. Are there any differences?

Duplicate Aperture Libraries?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.