Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to get support in Thailand, is warranty cover ?

I purchased iphone pro max in Singapore, and still under warranty, no screen got dead pixel about 10 pixels about "---" show on screen. and as check with Thailand apple support they told me my model A2218 isn't in the Thailand support lists, why not ? as apple 1y will be worldwide should get support any where in the world, it is ? would you help to accommodate my issue ?

I have been schedule to check with Apple care at Icon Siam Bangkok Thailand, this they would support to me in case need to replace or even deliver to Singapore. not just inform customer no support for this model and asking me to visit Singapore for repairing as covid-19 situation not easy to do,

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 13

Posted on Feb 20, 2020 12:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2020 7:34 AM

Yes, I know but in this situation during spreading of covid-19 virus I can't fly to check in Singapore the this moments, so can apple Thailand check and replace device for me I can wait if you will ship to Singapore and check/replace for me.

This situation is not an normal case that I can do so would be great if they would help to support, I am IOS's fans since first iphone until now, so if disappointed I would consider move to Samsung one.

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 20, 2020 7:34 AM in response to QuickTimeKirk

Yes, I know but in this situation during spreading of covid-19 virus I can't fly to check in Singapore the this moments, so can apple Thailand check and replace device for me I can wait if you will ship to Singapore and check/replace for me.

This situation is not an normal case that I can do so would be great if they would help to support, I am IOS's fans since first iphone until now, so if disappointed I would consider move to Samsung one.

Feb 20, 2020 7:23 AM in response to thanawut255

Here are the warranty terms that apply to iPhones purchased in Singapore. However, these particular terms are universal for all iPhones.

https://www.apple.com/legal/warranty/products/ios-warranty-rest-of-apac-english.html
IMPORTANT RESTRICTION FOR iPHONE, iPAD, APPLE TV AND HOMEPOD SERVICE.
Apple may restrict warranty service for iPhone, iPad, Apple TV and HomePod to the country where Apple or its Authorized Distributors originally sold the device.

Granted a lot of this has to do with the way that Apple handles service. Most major repairs are done as a swap for a service device, where by policy Apple generally only will replace with a functionally identical device. There are regulatory requirements for any device with a cellular modem as well as other requirements. Apple also might not actually allow any repairs be done by AASPs in some areas because of limited distribution of their calibration equipment (look up the Horizon Machine). In that case all “repair” would be done as an exchange for a service replacement. If they could actually replace the screen assembly in Thailand, it might be possible to get that repaired under warranty even if it was bought in Singapore.

I want to get support in Thailand, is warranty cover ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.