Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will Apple replace an iphone battery that I purchased online?

I purchased an iphone 5SE battery replacement on Amazon. It looks too complicated for me to do the job, It has implements and instructions, but I'm afraid to attempt. So, I wonder if I take it to an Apple store, they will put it in for me? It's not an apple product, but I had a crazy time finding one for a 5SE.

iPhone SE, iOS 13

Posted on Feb 20, 2020 9:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2020 11:54 AM

Since Apple will not use a third party part in any repair they perform for you, return the battery via Amazon. Apple will replace a 5SE battery, but with one of their own stock, new OEM ones.

You can not buy new OEM ones anywhere because Apple does not sell, nor authorize anyone to sell, OEM new parts for their products.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 20, 2020 11:54 AM in response to Helpwith5SE

Since Apple will not use a third party part in any repair they perform for you, return the battery via Amazon. Apple will replace a 5SE battery, but with one of their own stock, new OEM ones.

You can not buy new OEM ones anywhere because Apple does not sell, nor authorize anyone to sell, OEM new parts for their products.

Feb 20, 2020 9:30 AM in response to Helpwith5SE

Helpwith5SE wrote:

So, I wonder if I take it to an Apple store, they will put it in for me? It's not an apple product, but I had a crazy time finding one for a 5SE.

Most likely not. However, you can always ask when you are at the store to be sure. Chances are you will find that Apple will only replace the phone's battery with an "official" Apple part. You can also use Amazon's return policy with this battery to get your money back.

Will Apple replace an iphone battery that I purchased online?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.