Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

@icloud.com email locked

Just to be clear “I have access to my Apple ID & Password to another iCloud email address I use regularly and iCloud itself “.

I have an old @icloud.com email address that I haven’t used for about 3 years. I don’t normally use Apples Mail App, but tried to sign in to it today and was given the message “locked for security reasons” (when trying to reactivate) click ‘apple.iforgot.com’, except if I do follow the link it wants me to change my iTunes/iCloud login, which doesn’t have a problem.

Does anyone know how best to approach this one?

Many thanks for your time

Posted on Feb 20, 2020 2:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2020 3:06 PM

iTunes/iCloud login is the same thing. You need to reset your password as prompted.

I'm assuming you mistyped, but just to be clear, it's https://iforgot.apple.com, not apple.iforgot.com. If you saw a message that had a link to the latter, it is a scam or phishing attempt.

5 replies

Feb 20, 2020 5:07 PM in response to stevejobsfan0123

Hi, thanks for your reply. Yes, I did miss type the url I’m afraid, sorry for the confusion.

So you reckon I should reset my password, even though I can sign in and never had a problem with the @icloud.com email address I use daily? This is where I would have thought if there was a security breach, it would affect both @icloud.com addresses. It’s a weird one...

@icloud.com email locked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.