Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HP Officejet Pro scanning issue

Does anyone know how I can resolve the missing "scan" option in my printer window? Since I installed Catalina 10.15.3, I can print just fine but there isn't even an option to scan when I open the Printers & Scanners app.

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 20, 2020 6:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2020 6:52 PM

n51cty Said:

HP Officejet Pro scanning issue: Does anyone know how I can resolve the missing "scan" option in my printer window? Since I installed Catalina 10.15.3, I can print just fine but there isn't even an option to scan when I open the Printers & Scanners app.

———-

Try This:

Update to the latest version of macOS Catalina and HP Easy Scan.

Reference: HP Printers - HP Easy Scan Is Not Currently Supported in macOS Catalina - HP Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 20, 2020 6:52 PM in response to n51cty

n51cty Said:

HP Officejet Pro scanning issue: Does anyone know how I can resolve the missing "scan" option in my printer window? Since I installed Catalina 10.15.3, I can print just fine but there isn't even an option to scan when I open the Printers & Scanners app.

———-

Try This:

Update to the latest version of macOS Catalina and HP Easy Scan.

Reference: HP Printers - HP Easy Scan Is Not Currently Supported in macOS Catalina - HP Support

Feb 21, 2020 9:53 AM in response to n51cty

A number of people have encountered similar scanning problems after upgrading to Catalina. Most of the scanner/printer vendors have been slow to respond with 64 bit software upgrades, although most eventually do. I would keep checking. In the meantime, you can try using Apple's Image Capture app to do scanning. It will not provide all the features you may be used to. Also, VueScan offers a full featured app that works with most scanners. You can download a free trial version to see if it works for you. If it does, there is a one time charge to use it. I bought it and I like it a lot.

VueScan Scanner Software for macOS Catalina, Windows 10, and Linux

HP Officejet Pro scanning issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.