Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Autofill Passwords - Cannot select BOTH LastPass and 1Password, only either/or

I currently use LastPass on my iPhone (most recent iOS version). My work just started rolling out 1Password for us to use as well. So I installed that and it is working as expected. My issue is that in Settings > Passwords & Accounts > Autofill Passwords, I cannot set Autofill Passwords to use BOTH LastPass and 1Password at the same time (allowing me to choose which to use on the keyboard). It only allows me to select one or the other (however, it does allow me to still select Keychain with one of the other options). Not sure if this is an iOS bug or some other issue/setting that is preventing it. Others on my team say they can select both, so it has to be something on my end. Has anyone else run into this? TIA.

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 13

Posted on Feb 21, 2020 9:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2020 11:44 AM

Well, this doesn't answer my question.

For one, LastPass and 1Pass both have a much stronger feature set than Keychain, plus both are cross-platform. So that is why I prefer to use them.

Moreover, I may end up switching from LastPass to 1Password for personal use as well, but I won't be doing that right now as I pay for a premium annual membership. So in the meantime, I plan to use both. And my question is, this should be possible, but it's not letting me for some reason.

Similar questions

14 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 21, 2020 11:44 AM in response to LD150

Well, this doesn't answer my question.

For one, LastPass and 1Pass both have a much stronger feature set than Keychain, plus both are cross-platform. So that is why I prefer to use them.

Moreover, I may end up switching from LastPass to 1Password for personal use as well, but I won't be doing that right now as I pay for a premium annual membership. So in the meantime, I plan to use both. And my question is, this should be possible, but it's not letting me for some reason.

Feb 21, 2020 12:06 PM in response to mbockstruck30

I've never known it to allow you to select both. If you turn off AutoFill passwords, I believe that it will allow you to select the source when you look above the keyboard when going to a site that asks for a password. I've always used LastPass, and the word Passwords will appear on a site that does not exist in Last Pass, and it may allow you to select 1Password from there.

Feb 21, 2020 12:16 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Correct. And if you have both LastPass and Keychain ON in Settings, clicking on the word Passwords brings up a menu to select one or the other. Same thing if you have 1Password and Keychain On. But it will not let me select LastPass and 1Pass to do the same with both of those two.

And maybe you are right, that Apple currently does not allow that. If that's the case, my coworkers are not telling me the truth (or not understanding me). But I've scoured the interwebs and haven't found an answer that you can't use both at the same time.

Feb 21, 2020 3:41 PM in response to LD150

It could be a company thing as well, as he explained earlier. I've had and iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch, but use Windows computers, because I teach Windows. I don't use Keychain, I've always used LastPass since that is what I've used with my Windows computers. So, there are multiple combinations of using things. I just purchased a MacBook Air to start learning about MacOS and working with my iOS devices. So it is a learning curve for me now, and I'll decide how to deal with Keychain. I just know that I'm very used to LastPass and how it works with my devices, and the ability to create passwords for my accounts, and I still have to work with Windows.

Feb 21, 2020 3:57 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

It is surely a company thing which is why I don't understand the OP's flat rejection of my first reply "Pick the one your company provides and drop the other."

Welcome to Macs!! You will find on this forum users citing companies insisting on installing anti-virus on their Macs. Makes me shudder what they can do to Mac performance.

Feb 24, 2020 7:02 AM in response to LD150

Sigh. I'm not trying to start an argument, but I thought I already explained this peter_watt. Maybe not clearly enough. "Pick the one your company provides and drop the other," I did not take as an answer to my question, as there wasn't any reasoning behind it. You never stated that Apple only allows you to choose one 3rd party option. Had you said "Pick the one your company provides and drop the other because Apple does not allow you to use more than one 3rd party option," I would have said, "Thank you very much. That makes sense."

Again, I did explain the reasons why just choosing one is not a good option right now (my family is already paying for a LastPass which is an annual subscription, so I'm not just dropping that to use the company's option until the subscription ends). I have multiple device types in my household, so yes, a 3rd party option that is cross-platform is much more feature rich than Keychain. So at this point, I'll be using two 3rd party options. This is my issue, I am well aware.

But again, after plenty of research (including Apple's, LastPass', 1Password's documentation), I found no mention of only being able to use one 3rd party app at a time. I've been in the Apple ecosystem since 1996, so I'm not a newb to any of this (or skirting IT issues). I just couldn't find a response to the specific question I had anywhere else online.

Again, thank you both for your responses, and peter_watt I'm sorry I offended you regarding your response. I think more explanation on both of our parts would have avoided this issue.

Autofill Passwords - Cannot select BOTH LastPass and 1Password, only either/or

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.