Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music not showing up when trying to sync to iPod Nano 6th generation

I'm trying to sync music from my iMac Pro running OS X Catalina to an old iPod Nano (6th generation). The Nano shows up in finder. I click on it, and choose "Sync music onto iPod". Then I choose "Selected artists, albums, genres, and playlists."

Problem is, almost nothing appears under the Artists, Albums, Genres, and Playlists tabs—just a fraction of the music that I can see in my library in the Music app. Why is this, and how can I get my entire library to appear there?

iPod Nano (6th Gen)

Posted on Feb 22, 2020 3:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2020 6:26 PM

I don't know why I didn't think of this before, but maybe the reason music isn't appearing is that I'm an Apple Music subscriber, and don't actually "own" many albums or tracks outside of the Apple Music subscription? I assume I would only be able to transfer music to the iPod that I have purchased, right?

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 22, 2020 6:26 PM in response to QuickPost

I don't know why I didn't think of this before, but maybe the reason music isn't appearing is that I'm an Apple Music subscriber, and don't actually "own" many albums or tracks outside of the Apple Music subscription? I assume I would only be able to transfer music to the iPod that I have purchased, right?

Music not showing up when trying to sync to iPod Nano 6th generation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.