Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

4th Gen iPod Touch Can't Sync with Apple Music Library

I have a 4th Generation iPod Touch. I used to be able to sync it with iTunes and manually manage playlists on my iPod through my mid 2014 Macbook Pro. I am trying to get it to sync with Apple Music (since I now upgraded to Catalina 10.15.4). Whenever I select "sync" nothing happens, my screen looks like this:

It opens on Step 2 of 4, and never moves from this step onto the next step. Has anyone else experienced this issue, and is there a known solution?

iPod Touch (4th Gen)

Posted on May 11, 2020 1:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 11, 2020 11:58 PM

So the issue ended up being resolved after I reset the PRAM on m computer by shutting it down and holding alt+command+p+r on startup. I had some other issues going on, such as my screen randomly going black, so I reset the PRAM and it seems to have fixed both issues.

Similar questions

3 replies

May 11, 2020 6:54 PM in response to patrick237

Hello patrick237,

Thank you for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. I understand you're unable to successfully sync music from an iPod touch to your Mac.

Syncing your music library is important and I'll be happy to help.

To help isolate this behavior, I recommend making sure that the feature of, "Sync Library" is temporarily turned off. From there, see if you can sync the music from the iPod touch to the Mac. For steps on how this can be done, please have the Music app opened and navigate to the menu bar by selecting Music > Preferences, click General, then deselect the Sync Library checkbox.

Please let us know if that helps.

Kind regards.

4th Gen iPod Touch Can't Sync with Apple Music Library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.