Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipod nano not showing playlists in Music app

I just got a new MBP with Catalina and hooked up my ipod nano to it for the first time. Instead of showing the playlists that I have on the ipod in Music you have to click on the icon for the nano and when you do it just shows you all the music on the ipod without any playlists at all and completely out of order. What can I do to see the playlists on my Nano in Music? Is there a setting or something I'm missing? Thanks in advance for your help!

MacBook Pro 16", macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 22, 2020 7:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2020 3:06 AM

Hi,

I think the linked document only works if you had those playlists saved in the former iTunes. I had playlists on my iPod that weren't separate in iTunes, but only on my iPod and now I can only see them on my iPod. (I used to be able to see them in iTunes as a dropdown menu, once I clicked on the device.)

If I sync, as listed in the link, it erases all of the iPod playlists and would put the music- out of playlist order- onto the iPod. Any ideas for how to keep the playlists-- whose only current location is on the iPod, not on a computer or phone-- within Music now? Thanks for your time!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 6, 2020 3:06 AM in response to QuickPost

Hi,

I think the linked document only works if you had those playlists saved in the former iTunes. I had playlists on my iPod that weren't separate in iTunes, but only on my iPod and now I can only see them on my iPod. (I used to be able to see them in iTunes as a dropdown menu, once I clicked on the device.)

If I sync, as listed in the link, it erases all of the iPod playlists and would put the music- out of playlist order- onto the iPod. Any ideas for how to keep the playlists-- whose only current location is on the iPod, not on a computer or phone-- within Music now? Thanks for your time!

ipod nano not showing playlists in Music app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.