Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phone stolen

My phone was stolen last Wednesday and when I checked the find my I-phone it was not active already. I placed it in lost mode though. At 2:20 pm today, I received an email from find my about "Activation Lock is requesting your password on iPhone (iPhone XR)".

I'm wondering if your system can trace who or where this is being done to trace the culprit.

Your immediate action on this will be deeply appreciated.

Thank you!

Mrs Meer

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Feb 22, 2020 6:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2020 6:31 PM

You are not talking to Apple here. This is a user to user support forum and Apple does not participate here. Apple does not track phones, so there is no way for them to do what you ask. Even though the device is in Lost Mode, you should still be able to track it if they turn the device on and connect to the internet. If they attempt to restore the phone to wipe your information, they still will not be able to activate it as long as you do not remove it from your iCloud account. See this, If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 22, 2020 6:31 PM in response to lizenmeer29

You are not talking to Apple here. This is a user to user support forum and Apple does not participate here. Apple does not track phones, so there is no way for them to do what you ask. Even though the device is in Lost Mode, you should still be able to track it if they turn the device on and connect to the internet. If they attempt to restore the phone to wipe your information, they still will not be able to activate it as long as you do not remove it from your iCloud account. See this, If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

Phone stolen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.