Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost/Stolen phone

I reported my IPhone stolen/lost back in December. I thought this meant that if someone does find it that there is no way they could get on it or access any of my information. I had an email a few days ago saying that someone is trying access my old phone. It said “activation lock is requesting your password on IPhone (3) (iPhone 7) so I want to check that it has been reported lost/stolen and that no one can access my details. Thanks

iPhone 7

Posted on Jun 28, 2020 9:58 AM

7 replies

Jun 28, 2020 10:19 AM in response to Niamhpugh

Apple does not take any reports of lost or stolen personal property, so who did you report it to? The police? Your carrier?

Apple takes no role of any kind in people’s lost or stolen personal property.

The fact you got the note about activation means activation lock is doing exactly what it is supposed to - preventing anyone from accessing and using that device.

Jun 28, 2020 10:23 AM in response to Niamhpugh

No Apple employees in this forum, only users of Apple products. Apple will not get involved. You suppose to use “Find My iPhone,” to put iPhone in “Lost Mode” to remotely lock it out. Leave stolen/lost iPhone in your iCloud account, so “activation lock,” is ON! Also, you suppose to contact your wireless carrier, so they can “blacklist” iPhone, so nobody else can use it.

Jun 28, 2020 10:23 AM in response to deggie

When I went in the apple shop I just explained that it had be stolen so if they could shut it down in some way or lock it? I think they set up find my iPhone and said that no one should be able to access it. I haven’t heard anything until a few days ago with the email saying someone is requesting my password. So I just want to double check that as long as I haven’t replied then they can’t access any of my information or get onto my phone and see the personal data etc.

Lost/Stolen phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.