Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri not finding HomeKit items

Within the last month or so Siri has been acting different. Before I could say "Siri turn on Garage Lights" and she would turn on the garage lights, both from my iPhone or HomePod. Now I get "Sorry, I wasn't able to find anything like that in your ..... home this time". But if I say "Turn on Garage Light" or "Turn on Garage" then she turns on the lights. Its like a plural thing, she hates that I say LightS instead of Light. My switch for the lights is located in the room labeled "Garage" and is listed as an Accessories with the label of Lights.

Now this is not just the Garage Lights, it is for all my lights. If I say turn on Kitchen Lights, no go. But if I say turn on Kitchen or Kitchen light it works. Also my garage door opener. If I say Open Garage Door, no go. But if I say open Garage it works.

This was not doing that a month ago, I am giving Siri the same commands I gave it a month ago, nothing has changed. Same thing on HomePod and iPhone and iPad.

This is frustrating, anyone knows what is going on?

Thank You,

Daniel

iPhone 6s

Posted on Feb 23, 2020 12:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2020 8:52 AM

Thank you both Ktula and Changren, HFS what a stupid simple fix LOL, you two nailed it. I changed the name of one item, tested it and changed it back to the normal name and everything works as it should. Thank you again for your help, Siri and I can now talk again lol.

6 replies

Feb 23, 2020 1:04 PM in response to Project2501

Mine do the same and I think it’s down to how you pronounce it. For the longest time I didn’t get how sometimes my bedroom lights worked, other times not. At the beginning I had made a “ Bridge room” for my Hue bridge. No lights are in that room. Now I see I’ll say “ Bej- room” which sounds like bridge room and Siri says I couldn’t find any devices. Now I try to say “ Bed- room” and it works. I need to stop saying j instead of d. Other than that you can also create shortcuts for it to respond to a certain phrase.

Siri not finding HomeKit items

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.