Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri only controls light with iPhone

Hi

My house is full of Hue lights and in one room in particular Siri will only control those lights with iPhone. If I ask with my Apple Watch or HomePod she says she is doing it, or sending the request, but nothing happens. All other rooms and lights can be controlled with Siri on any device. Before I start ripping lights out of the Hue app and messing things up I thought I would ask here. Any ideas?

Thanks!

HomePod mini, 15

Posted on Aug 28, 2022 2:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2022 8:08 AM

ok, I think this is fixed.  I created a "test" room and moved the lights from the affected room called Play Room, to that test room. Lights started to control fine from all devices. I then tried to rename the test room "Play" and the home app said I already had something called Play in my home. Sure enough I had some Hue Play lights behind my TV and every time I asked for the Play room lights Siri was turning those lights behind the TV on and off! I should have know. I sometimes saw those lights on when everything was turned off so Siri was turning "Play" lights on and off just not the ones I wanted. :)

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 29, 2022 8:08 AM in response to Spartan1of300

ok, I think this is fixed.  I created a "test" room and moved the lights from the affected room called Play Room, to that test room. Lights started to control fine from all devices. I then tried to rename the test room "Play" and the home app said I already had something called Play in my home. Sure enough I had some Hue Play lights behind my TV and every time I asked for the Play room lights Siri was turning those lights behind the TV on and off! I should have know. I sometimes saw those lights on when everything was turned off so Siri was turning "Play" lights on and off just not the ones I wanted. :)

Siri only controls light with iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.