Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text at the right-hand edge being lost and scroll bar appearing

Trying to help a colleague; this is her issue. She's trying to print a lot of invoices from eMails (I recommended saving some trees by eMailing instead of printing but apparently that wasn't an option)

When she hits the print button, the preview shows that the figures on the right-hand side are trimmed off (green arrow).

If she prints the sheet, it confirms the preview and the figures are partly missing.

The missing text appears to be covered up by a scroll bar (red arrow).

Can anyone suggest:

• Why the scroll bar appears on what is, after all, a paper printout which can't be 'scrolled'.
  • How we can get rid of that bar.
  • How we can get back the missing text (although removing the bar will probably fix that).

Thoughts?

Posted on Feb 24, 2020 5:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 24, 2020 7:36 AM

Wow! My high-functioning autistic partner came up with the solution! She's good at thinking outside the box!

Go to System Preferences > General > Show Scroll Bars -> set to: When scrolling

It was set to always.

This shouldn't have fixed the issue as this option should only affect the scroll bars appearing on the screen. A scrollbar on a piece of paper serves no useful purpose whatsoever!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 24, 2020 7:36 AM in response to The_Knowledge_Seeker

Wow! My high-functioning autistic partner came up with the solution! She's good at thinking outside the box!

Go to System Preferences > General > Show Scroll Bars -> set to: When scrolling

It was set to always.

This shouldn't have fixed the issue as this option should only affect the scroll bars appearing on the screen. A scrollbar on a piece of paper serves no useful purpose whatsoever!

Text at the right-hand edge being lost and scroll bar appearing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.