ventura oversized print dialogue

The Print/PDF/Cancel buttons of the print dialog are hidden under the dock. Someone reported that this was fixed in version 13.1 but I still have the problem with version 13.4. Someone else suggested changing resolution and then resizing the print dialog window, but you can only enlarge it, not make it smaller.

Not difficult to fix but after 4 upgrades of Ventura the problem still persists.

Really, Apple?

Posted on Jun 9, 2023 3:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 9, 2023 11:47 AM

booke02 wrote:

It is a matter of personal preference whether to hide or show the dock. My display setting default.

FWIW, I totally agree. I have the Dock showing on some if my Macs and not others. Some people prefer keyboard shortcuts but in general I prefer the mouse or trackpad. Mostly because I can't remember a zillion shortcuts. 😎

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 9, 2023 11:47 AM in response to booke02

booke02 wrote:

It is a matter of personal preference whether to hide or show the dock. My display setting default.

FWIW, I totally agree. I have the Dock showing on some if my Macs and not others. Some people prefer keyboard shortcuts but in general I prefer the mouse or trackpad. Mostly because I can't remember a zillion shortcuts. 😎

Jun 9, 2023 8:14 AM in response to booke02

For most people the print dialog does not do this. What is your screen resolution? My guess is that you are on one of the "Larger Text" options. That's the only way I can reproduce this sort of problem.

You can try to change the screen resolution and see how that affects the print dialog.

You can also show and hide the Dock with Command-Option-D.

And of course you can just keep the Dock hidden permanently, put it on one side, or do both: hide it and put it on the side. That's what I do.

Why waste that much screen real estate all the time when you can reach it when (and if) you want it, without cluttering your screen? As you may have surmised by now, I am not a fan of the Dock... I keep it hidden and do not touch ever - except to test stuff when asked about in this forum.

ventura oversized print dialogue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.