Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV free subscription

hi All, I have just got a new macbook and have an issue with the free annual Apple Tv subscription. The notification just does not pop up and it's been about two weeks by now from the first run.

What I did so far to tshoot:

• updated my macbook to latest software
  • logged in/relogged with my Apple ID
  • opened app on macbook/iphone using the same apple ID - only 7 days trial is being offered
  • opened tv.apple.com - only 7 days trial is being offered
  • called Apple support, where I got an answer that sth is probably stuck and there is a chance it will never pop up

They gave me a resolution to generate a code for such subscription for me providing that I will present a proof of purchase (sick!) while the laptop is registered with their systems and under full 3-yrs Apple Care.

The problem is that this is a company laptop so I don't have it and probably the won't give it to me :)

Question to you guys: Is there any other way to make it happen? Any help is appreciated!

Posted on Feb 25, 2020 2:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2020 3:58 AM

Did you follow these steps, mentioned on this Apple TV+ Page?

Redeem your free year of Apple TV+ now.

You can start your free one year subscription to Apple TV+ after setting up your new Apple product. Here’s how to redeem your offer:

1. Turn on your new Apple device and sign in with your Apple ID.
  2. Open the Apple TV app. Make sure your device is running the latest version of iOS, iPadOS, tvOS, or macOS.
  3. The offer should be presented immediately after launching the app. If not, go to the Apple TV+ channel page where you’ll see the offer.
  4. Tap Enjoy 1 Year Free.

copied from: Apple TV+ - One Year Offer - Apple

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 25, 2020 3:58 AM in response to Slaw83

Did you follow these steps, mentioned on this Apple TV+ Page?

Redeem your free year of Apple TV+ now.

You can start your free one year subscription to Apple TV+ after setting up your new Apple product. Here’s how to redeem your offer:

1. Turn on your new Apple device and sign in with your Apple ID.
  2. Open the Apple TV app. Make sure your device is running the latest version of iOS, iPadOS, tvOS, or macOS.
  3. The offer should be presented immediately after launching the app. If not, go to the Apple TV+ channel page where you’ll see the offer.
  4. Tap Enjoy 1 Year Free.

copied from: Apple TV+ - One Year Offer - Apple

Feb 25, 2020 10:22 AM in response to Slaw83

The offer is tied to the device as it requires a qualifying purchase. In most cases it will show up when signed in on that new device, but when it doesn't Apple support will require proof of purchase in order to generate the code, for the above reason. You may need to consult with someone at your company so you can proceed, or try to explain the situation to Apple support to see what they can do.

Apple TV free subscription

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.