Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mutiple alerts on my calendar- says virus alert or system notification, etc

I am getting mutiple alerts. They say: You are exposed online, Get apple news for free, Virus alert - check protection, System notification, and clear your phone. I know they are spam, but I am having trouble figuring out how to get rid of them.

I found some discussion boards that said to log on to my iCloud and let Apple support know they are spam - but when I pulled my calendar up on my computer, it shows NONE of the alerts that my phone calendar shows! Soooo - that tells me it is just on my phone.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

I share a family calendar with my son, haven't remembered to ask him if he is getting the alerts too.

iPhone 6, iOS 11

Posted on Feb 26, 2020 8:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2020 8:08 AM

Go to Settings/Passwords & Accounts - Subscribed calendars. You should see the calendar there. Tap on it and delete it.

You must have gone to a website that offered you something to click on a link. That authorized the site to install the rogue calendar on your phone. If you remember what site that was don’t go there again. And don’t ever authorize a site to do anything on your phone.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 26, 2020 8:08 AM in response to merle73

Go to Settings/Passwords & Accounts - Subscribed calendars. You should see the calendar there. Tap on it and delete it.

You must have gone to a website that offered you something to click on a link. That authorized the site to install the rogue calendar on your phone. If you remember what site that was don’t go there again. And don’t ever authorize a site to do anything on your phone.

mutiple alerts on my calendar- says virus alert or system notification, etc

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.