Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone email opens to junk and then crashes immediatly closing. it won’t give me time to touch anything. i wasn’t even working in Junk. i opened an email from “youmail”.

My iPhone 6 is on iOS 12.4.5. I opened then deactivated YouMail a long time ago. I received an email from them yesterday and immediately deleted it. Now my email upon opening flashes to “junk” and closes. It won’t open to anything else. Help.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Feb 27, 2020 8:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2020 9:07 AM

1. Fully quit Mail app via the App Switcher screen.
  2. Reboot your iPhone.
  3. If app is still quitting unexpectedly, in Settings app, go to Accounts & Passwords and toggle of Mail on every account where it's on.
  4. Open Mail app. If app is still crashing, complete step 5, otherwise go to step 6.
  5. Delete the app, reboot your iPhone and reinstall the app via the App Store.
  6. In Settings app, go to Accounts & Passwords and enable Mail on only one of the accounts; test if Mail app is still crashing.
  7. Repeat step 6 for another account. If you find the issue is back when specific account is enabled, you might need to delete and re-add that email account.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 27, 2020 9:07 AM in response to SRay43

1. Fully quit Mail app via the App Switcher screen.
  2. Reboot your iPhone.
  3. If app is still quitting unexpectedly, in Settings app, go to Accounts & Passwords and toggle of Mail on every account where it's on.
  4. Open Mail app. If app is still crashing, complete step 5, otherwise go to step 6.
  5. Delete the app, reboot your iPhone and reinstall the app via the App Store.
  6. In Settings app, go to Accounts & Passwords and enable Mail on only one of the accounts; test if Mail app is still crashing.
  7. Repeat step 6 for another account. If you find the issue is back when specific account is enabled, you might need to delete and re-add that email account.

iphone email opens to junk and then crashes immediatly closing. it won’t give me time to touch anything. i wasn’t even working in Junk. i opened an email from “youmail”.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.