You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Default Window size

Since the last update everytime I open my finder is opens with a super small window size, seem a that it happens sometime on other apps like Excel.

I tried the "resize then option relaunch"works for a bit then back to normal.

Don't know what to do.

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Feb 27, 2020 12:28 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2020 12:34 PM

Open the window by double-clicking on the Desktop disk icon. Change the window size to what you want and reposition the window where you want it locate. If you now close the window and re-open the same as earlier, then it should open with your new settings. Now, click on the Finder's icon in the Dock. Size and position this window to be exactly the same as the other window (only if they are different.)

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 27, 2020 12:34 PM in response to DonGuillermo

Open the window by double-clicking on the Desktop disk icon. Change the window size to what you want and reposition the window where you want it locate. If you now close the window and re-open the same as earlier, then it should open with your new settings. Now, click on the Finder's icon in the Dock. Size and position this window to be exactly the same as the other window (only if they are different.)

Default Window size

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.