Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Newsroom Update

Apple and Major League Baseball announce July “Friday Night Baseball” schedule. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HDCP Error 7279

Good day

My hardware device scenario: MacBook Pro, AppleTv3 (connected to receiver direct), HDMI from receiver to Visio monitor.

My activity scenario: Purchase video from Amazon to stream (extend desktop) to AppleTv via Airplay all using same router connection.

Result: I can play the video on the Mac (non-stream), but when switching to Airplay, I receive HDCP Error 7279.

Looking for an Airplay solution

Mike

Posted on Feb 28, 2020 7:33 AM

6 replies

Mar 7, 2020 6:55 AM in response to obiwan-mas

But that option does not actually solve the error itself.

Then the error is not with AirPlay or the Amazon service, but with the hardware. Most likely a glitch with the HDMI signal.

• Verify that the monitor and receiver are HDCP compliant.
  • Try detaching the HDMI cable(s) completely, then reconnect. That should reset the HDMI communication, including HDCP negotiation.

Mar 7, 2020 7:17 AM in response to Rudegar

Thanks for a quick and helpful response. I was aware of the copyright scenario through my direct discussion with Amazon personnel.

This problem initiated after I purchased a series from Amazon and could not stream it via Airplay OR use the Amazon app to view the purchase. Amazon agrees they have a technical issue that they must solve.

The point is if I could play the purchase with either option I could also record it. I have no plans to record, but wanted to check if anyone solved the AirPlay issue.

Regards

HDCP Error 7279

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.