Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I recover my Note?

I was typing in a Note and it disappeared. The Help section said to go to "Deleted Notes" to recover. However, I cannot find this. I also searched my Mac and could not find it. Please help me...I need these Notes. Thank you.

MacBook Pro 13", OS X 10.11

Posted on Feb 28, 2020 5:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 29, 2020 5:24 AM

Note the icon the arrow is pointing to. If all you have is the note heading and the note pane of the Notes window, use this

toolbar icon to bring up the left sidebar that shows the note location. Recently deleted will be listed on the note location left sidebar if a note was recently deleted. If it no longer is there, you have basically not saved it in any manner.

Recently deleted notes remain for 30 days. If they are not recovered before then, they will be permanently erased. Drag any recently deleted notes back to the Notes location to keep it from being permanently deleted.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 29, 2020 5:24 AM in response to Kaydeecee

Note the icon the arrow is pointing to. If all you have is the note heading and the note pane of the Notes window, use this

toolbar icon to bring up the left sidebar that shows the note location. Recently deleted will be listed on the note location left sidebar if a note was recently deleted. If it no longer is there, you have basically not saved it in any manner.

Recently deleted notes remain for 30 days. If they are not recovered before then, they will be permanently erased. Drag any recently deleted notes back to the Notes location to keep it from being permanently deleted.

Feb 29, 2020 7:11 AM in response to a brody

Yes, I have looked there and there is not a line in the left column that says "Recently Deleted Notes". I save every day. I just looked at: iCloud in my Apple menu -> System Preferences -> iCloud, and yes, my Notes is checked. Is there anything else I can do to recover my Note? I really need it. It just disappeared yesterday, so it is nowhere near 30 days yet.

Feb 29, 2020 1:38 PM in response to Kaydeecee

https://getsupport.apple.com/?caller=psp&PRKEYS=133314

Tell them when you wrote the note and ask if they made a backup of it before you erased it. Give them keywords to search for.

If it did not work, always make a secondary backup on your computer, by emailing yourself notes and saving them in your Documents folder. Don’t depend on someone else to store your info. You should always keep at least two copies of all information at all times.

Feb 29, 2020 2:45 PM in response to a brody

Thank you for trying to help me. I did as you asked. Max from Apple Support called me. We worked on in about 30 minutes, he said he was putting me on hold to get more information, but he disconnected me. I tried to call him back, but couldn't get to him. It has been an hour and he hasn't called back. I am very discouraged with Apple right now!

How do I recover my Note?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.