Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notes on My Mac have disappeared

I don't know when they disappeared or how, but I have one part of one note from 2016 and there were many others that are completely missing.

Someone mentioned this after updating to High Sierra but there was no real solution posted.

I don't know when these disappeared, and I think I have seen them earlier this year.

Apparently they weren't backed up on iCloud.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Aug 26, 2022 5:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2022 5:49 PM

lbandrew Said:

"Notes on My Mac have disappeared: I don't know when they disappeared or how, but I have one part of one note from 2016 and there were many others that are completely missing.[...]"

-------

Recovering Lost Notes:

If you have cut the note, then here is what to try...

A. Start Here: If you're Missing Notes on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

B. Restore from a Backup:

Did your ever back up your iPhone with these installed? If so, back up you could back up your iPhone, and then restore it from the backup.

C. iCloud in Settings: Look in iCloud settings in each device, and make sure that Notes is clicked. If it is, then unclick it, and then click it again.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 26, 2022 5:49 PM in response to lbandrew

lbandrew Said:

"Notes on My Mac have disappeared: I don't know when they disappeared or how, but I have one part of one note from 2016 and there were many others that are completely missing.[...]"

-------

Recovering Lost Notes:

If you have cut the note, then here is what to try...

A. Start Here: If you're Missing Notes on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

B. Restore from a Backup:

Did your ever back up your iPhone with these installed? If so, back up you could back up your iPhone, and then restore it from the backup.

C. iCloud in Settings: Look in iCloud settings in each device, and make sure that Notes is clicked. If it is, then unclick it, and then click it again.

Aug 27, 2022 10:04 AM in response to TheLittles

Thanks! What was odd is that the notes I had taken on a previous my iPad DID show up, not these really important ones on the MacBook.

I did not have Notes clicked on iCloud settings for the MacBook.

So I went to the iPad and did as you suggested there, and VOILA! They all appeared (on both devices).

I do not pretend to understand at all how these things work, and am so grateful to have a community of volunteers to help out when things go wacky on me.

Thank you!

Notes on My Mac have disappeared

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.