Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Color problem after screen replacement

So long story short - I broke the screen of my new MacBook Pro 16 inch, 2019. I sent it in for replacement at one of the repair centers. However, after I got the MacBook back, the color doesn't look right - it's clear that there is a dark/deep green tint to the screen (especially when it's supposed to be black or gray) - it's not super obvious, but when I edit photos and color grade my videos, the color difference is unwatchable.

I then asked the repair center, they told me it's because normally they would need some sort of drive to be installed for screen replacement in order to reach the correct color profile, but this drive does not exist at this moment because the model is still relatively new. I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced similar issues or has idea when the new drive is going to be available.

I've tried reset SMC and PRAM, and reboot in Safety Mode - none worked.

MacBook Pro 16", macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 1, 2020 7:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2020 11:11 AM

Your issue needs to be resolved with those who performed the repair. You can try using Displays preferences to adjust the colors on the screen by clicking on the Color button. Then experiment with any pre-sets you see in the list that produces screen colors close to what you prefer. You can also click on the Calibrate button to create your own profile.

This is all you can do with the default tools in macOS. For anything more precise, you will need special calibration hardware and software.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 1, 2020 11:11 AM in response to shawnxyny

Your issue needs to be resolved with those who performed the repair. You can try using Displays preferences to adjust the colors on the screen by clicking on the Color button. Then experiment with any pre-sets you see in the list that produces screen colors close to what you prefer. You can also click on the Calibrate button to create your own profile.

This is all you can do with the default tools in macOS. For anything more precise, you will need special calibration hardware and software.

Mar 1, 2020 4:22 PM in response to shawnxyny

You should definitely take it back to the repair center to have them fix it properly. You can always take it to another Apple Store or another Apple Authorized Service Provider for assistance if the repair center you used won't help you. You have a 90day part warranty on the repair so you need to resolve this now.

Edit: I just realized this would still be under warranty as well so you do have some time. Regardless the computer should be made right as soon as possible since it affects your ability to use it.

Color problem after screen replacement

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.