Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Artwork in M4A file yet not showing in Apple Music app

Since upgrading to macOS (and the diabolic Music App), lots of my album art isn't being shown despite the artwork being embedded in the underlying m4a file.

I've searched Google and can't believe I'm the only one this has affected yet I haven't come across any posts that sound even remotely similar to my issue.

I've also, on my main machine that I use to populate my iCloud Library, lost all my playlist artwork. It still shows up on devices that stream from the cloud oddly enough but Apple has just wiped it on my physical library.

Anyone else experiencing frustrating issues like this a know of a fix?

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 1, 2020 7:42 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Mar 3, 2020 10:04 AM in response to Pete-Ratcliffe

Hello Pete-Ratcliffe,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're having trouble with artwork in the Music app. I'd be happy to share information that may help.

Try the following steps:

• First, be sure you're updated to the latest version of macOS: How to update the software on your Mac.
  • Next, check to see if the Artwork tab of the Info (Cmd + I) window shows the artwork.
  • If it does, it may work to drag from the window to off of the window and then back into the window to reapply.
  • If missing artwork does not appear in the Artwork tab, try File > Library to get album artwork.

Take care.

Artwork in M4A file yet not showing in Apple Music app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.