Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple music library does not show artwork when library exists on an iTunes server (eg NAS)

When I use my library on disk, I see all of my artwork. But when I switch to a library on an iTunes Server (running on Synology NAS) - I get the music but no artwork. Every single music file has had the artwork manually added to the file (a very long process to accomplish.)

The music library is about 1TB so I'm not interested in "re-importing" what is already there - given that the music albums display using the iTunes server - just the artwork does not show.

This is macOS Monterey and Synology DS1819 running their latest NAS OS an iTunes Server app.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Mar 18, 2022 7:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 18, 2022 3:15 PM

Doh! I find the answer...the answer is it does show the artwork but you need to wait about 8 hours for it to finally show up. It will do album by album and you can see the artwork start to fill in.

Similar questions

1 reply

Apple music library does not show artwork when library exists on an iTunes server (eg NAS)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.