Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages on Yosemite 10.10.5

My wife has a late 2012 imac 27" that was basically maxed out on options at time of purchase. The mac has been great machine for what she does with it until recently. Starting with later Mojave updates it started to get slow... a few weeks ago she wanted to update to Catalina... after this update it got positively tortoise like with lots of waiting for anything to open... After she reached a level of frustration sufficient for me to step in I just wiped the machine and did a fresh install of 10.10.5. After this it was back to its old and speedy self with never a beachball to be seen and rapid load times like when it was new.

An issue i am running into is software now.... Pages in particular will not download and run from the app store and before I start digging for older versions I am looking for some advice. Anyone have any idea why there is no compatible version available on the app store? Anyone know where to get a 10.10.5 compatible version?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Mar 1, 2020 9:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2020 10:16 AM

Apple only maintains the current version of Pages in the Mac App Store. Been that way for years. They do not keep full installer downloads available either. Pages v8.2.1 requires macOS Mojave or later in order to install it.

One thing you might try with your Yosemite build, it so open the Mac App Store, sign-in to it, and pressing the option key while clicking the Purchases tab, does it show any Pages "purchases" in it. What happens when you attempt to install/update Pages? Does it install Pages v5.5.3 which was the last version for Yosemite? Failing that, and if you have an older Yosemite Time Machine backup, you might try restoring just the Pages application from it.

The other challenge you are facing is that recent Pages documents require Pages v5.6 or later (El Capitan, or later) in order to open. Even if you manage to get Pages v5.5.3 installed, it simply is too old to open the newer documents, including those created by Pages for iOS, and Pages for iCloud.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 1, 2020 10:16 AM in response to Chapple

Apple only maintains the current version of Pages in the Mac App Store. Been that way for years. They do not keep full installer downloads available either. Pages v8.2.1 requires macOS Mojave or later in order to install it.

One thing you might try with your Yosemite build, it so open the Mac App Store, sign-in to it, and pressing the option key while clicking the Purchases tab, does it show any Pages "purchases" in it. What happens when you attempt to install/update Pages? Does it install Pages v5.5.3 which was the last version for Yosemite? Failing that, and if you have an older Yosemite Time Machine backup, you might try restoring just the Pages application from it.

The other challenge you are facing is that recent Pages documents require Pages v5.6 or later (El Capitan, or later) in order to open. Even if you manage to get Pages v5.5.3 installed, it simply is too old to open the newer documents, including those created by Pages for iOS, and Pages for iCloud.

Pages on Yosemite 10.10.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.