Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it possible to recover an unsaved Microsoft Word Document on iPad?

I've written this assignment that took forever on my iPad but then I went to open another document and I accidentally deleted it, is there anyway to recover it after its been deleted as I don't want to write it out again?

iPad Air 3 Wi-Fi

Posted on Mar 2, 2020 6:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2020 6:51 AM

A Google search suggests that recovery is possible - assuming that the Microsoft Autosave feature was enabled on your iPad:

1. Open Word.
  2. Click on File tab.
  3. At the lower part in the File tab, look for Recover Unsaved Documents option and then click on it.
  4. Look for the Word document you are trying to recover.
  5. Click Open.
  6. If you were able to open the document, it will give you the option to save the file.

I hope this is helpful in solving the problem of recovering your lost document.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 2, 2020 6:51 AM in response to keithdwat579

A Google search suggests that recovery is possible - assuming that the Microsoft Autosave feature was enabled on your iPad:

1. Open Word.
  2. Click on File tab.
  3. At the lower part in the File tab, look for Recover Unsaved Documents option and then click on it.
  4. Look for the Word document you are trying to recover.
  5. Click Open.
  6. If you were able to open the document, it will give you the option to save the file.

I hope this is helpful in solving the problem of recovering your lost document.

Is it possible to recover an unsaved Microsoft Word Document on iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.