Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recovering lost saved files under " On My iPad" folder or storage

I am using my company iPad, I use word on my iPad Pro and save the documents to a word folder inside “on my iPad”. Recently, I couldn’t save my documents so I removed the word app and install it again and all my company word documents disappear from inside the word folder in “on my iPad”. Is there a way to recover those documents? Please reply ASAP. Please see photo below!

Posted on Sep 8, 2021 11:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2021 1:14 AM

Do you have an iCloud or iTunes backup - that existed before you deleted the App? As you deleted the App, unless you have a backup, your data is gone. If you do have a recent backup, you can restore from the backup:

Restore your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch from a backup – Apple Support

Deleting an App from an iOS/iPadOS devices will delete all data and files associated with that App. By contrast, “offloading” an App will remove the App, but leave files and data intact.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 9, 2021 1:14 AM in response to Martin_401

Do you have an iCloud or iTunes backup - that existed before you deleted the App? As you deleted the App, unless you have a backup, your data is gone. If you do have a recent backup, you can restore from the backup:

Restore your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch from a backup – Apple Support

Deleting an App from an iOS/iPadOS devices will delete all data and files associated with that App. By contrast, “offloading” an App will remove the App, but leave files and data intact.

Recovering lost saved files under " On My iPad" folder or storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.