📢 Newsroom Update

The iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Pro lineups, Apple Watch Series 10, the new black titanium Apple Watch Ultra 2, AirPods 4, and new colors for AirPods Max are now available! Learn more >

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to download Windows 10 on to my iMac

I want to download Windows10 on to my iMac (late 2013) running Os Catalina using Bootcamp. I follow the link from Apple's instructions to Microsoft and get the following message from Microsoft "You’ve been routed to this page because the operating system you’re using won’t support the Windows 10 media creation tool and we want to make sure you can download Windows 10. To use the media creation tool, visit

the Microsoft Software Download Windows 10 page from a Windows 7, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 device. You can use this page to download a disc image (ISO file) that can be used

to install or reinstall Windows 10. The image can also be used to create

installation media using a USB flash drive or DVD." This is self defeating as I don't own a Windows device. If I had a Windows device I wouldn't need to download Windows on to my Mac.

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 2, 2020 8:21 AM

2 replies

Unable to download Windows 10 on to my iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.