Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I attempted to wipe my MacBook Air. It’s now giving me error message "1005F"

My MacBook Air has been unable to connect to the internet for quite some time. When I click on the wifi icon in the top right corner, it says “no hardware installed”. I’m currently in the process of getting ready to sell it. I attempted to wipe it completely. It’s now giving me error message 1005F, which I believe means the internet connection is not suitable. I’m assuming this problem is related to the fact that my MacBook Air can not connect to the internet at all and I’m not sure how to proceed. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Rob

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.12

Posted on Mar 2, 2020 1:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2020 11:39 PM

Hi,

Yes, you are right. Error -1005F means that the internet connection you are using for Internet Recovery is not suitable.

If you have another Mac, there is an option that create bootable USB memory installer with it to install macOS on the MacBook Air.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201372

3 replies

Mar 29, 2020 12:45 PM in response to rprest

O computador da minha esposa deu o mesmo problema depois que atualizou para o Catalina .15 Agora não consigo mais acessar a internet e instalei o High Sierra pois tenho um outro mac de 2011, foi o maximo que consegui... lamentável que toda atualização da Apple acaba com os computadores que estavam perfeitos... Quando atualizei o dela do Mojave para o Catalina primeira versão deu problema também. A imagem ficava pixerizada e embaçada.. só dor de cabeça. Estou me arrependendo de ter mac por causa dessas instabilidades nos sistemas operacionais.

I attempted to wipe my MacBook Air. It’s now giving me error message "1005F"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.