Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have been able to send and receive text messages from my iPhone 11

I have been able to send and receive text messages from my iphone 11, Macbook and Ipad, as of Saturday no longer working on macbook or ipad. (phone is ok). Any advise?

Thanks,

David

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Mar 3, 2020 8:12 AM

5 replies

Apr 17, 2020 8:00 AM in response to markwmsn

When I go to (iPhone) Settings > Messages > ... I do NOT see an option for Text Message Forwarding!

Up until yesterday, I was able to send texts (both iMessage and SMS) from my MacBook, iPad, or iPhone -- Now, I can only send regular texts from the iPhone, the MacBook and iPad will only send to other iPhone users.

iPhone 6, iOS 12.4.6

MacBook Pro Retina (2015) OS 10.11.6

Apr 17, 2020 8:33 AM in response to therealkenrg

therealkenrg wrote:

When I go to (iPhone) Settings > Messages > ... I do NOT see an option for Text Message Forwarding!

Up until yesterday, I was able to send texts (both iMessage and SMS) from my MacBook, iPad, or iPhone -- Now, I can only send regular texts from the iPhone, the MacBook and iPad will only send to other iPhone users.

iPhone 6, iOS 12.4.6
MacBook Pro Retina (2015) OS 10.11.6

Additional things for you to check:

Did you change anything (settings change, software update) just before the operation changed? If so, what?

Make sure that your iPhone is signed into the same Apple ID as your MacBook and iPad.

Review the messages settings (macOS: in Messages, Preferences > iMessage; iOS/iPadOS: Settings > Messages) to make sure nothing was inadvertently changed.

While in the respective settings/preferences, check to make sure your devices have the same iMessage settings for "you can be reached for messages"; in particular that the MacBook and iPad have the phone number checked.

If it still isn't working, try rebooting your iPhone.

Let us know whether any of that helped.

I have been able to send and receive text messages from my iPhone 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.