Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

BRAND NEW IPOD SHUFFLE stops playing after a few songs

This is my 3rd shuffle after being replace by the manufacturer. It will turn on and play for 5-6 (sometimes more or less)songs, then, it just stops at the end of a song. I have tried to restore the IPOD and have also tried to isolate it to a specific song. No luck. It is FULLY charged. I can turn it off for a few minutes, turn it back on and it picks up where it left off.

Anyone????

Posted on Mar 4, 2020 3:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 8, 2020 1:25 PM

Did you uninstall and reinstall Itunes on your computer for this? I have the same problem only even if I turn mine off for a while it will not play. I have to connect it to my computer even though the battery is fully charged as you said. Then it will play 3 or 4 songs and stop, every time. Really weird...2 of those songs I have never heard in my life. I did not download them and they are on my Ipod all of a sudden...??????

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 8, 2020 1:25 PM in response to Donna Gratzinger

Did you uninstall and reinstall Itunes on your computer for this? I have the same problem only even if I turn mine off for a while it will not play. I have to connect it to my computer even though the battery is fully charged as you said. Then it will play 3 or 4 songs and stop, every time. Really weird...2 of those songs I have never heard in my life. I did not download them and they are on my Ipod all of a sudden...??????

Mar 5, 2020 1:00 PM in response to Donna Gratzinger

The last model of iPod shuffle Apple introduced was released over a decade ago. It was discontinued several years ago. There is no way you are purchasing a brand new iPod shuffle as they just are not manufactured anymore. If you are purchasing an iPod shuffle still in its original packaging then those batteries have been sitting discharged for several years which will ruin the batteries.

Mar 8, 2020 1:40 PM in response to teriann69

Hi, yes, that's what I did... I also forced it to recreate from scratch by deleting everything under my user profile. I can't say 100% that the issue is resolved... but, I used it on Thursday/Friday a-ok. I'll use it again tomorrow and see. The other thing I did was made sure I was loading from only my downloaded library.

Never had the issue with songs that I didn't own, though :(

Good luck!

BRAND NEW IPOD SHUFFLE stops playing after a few songs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.