Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 7 plus - Turn off Burst Mode (Camera)

I want one picture taken when I push the shutter one time. I can hear the shutter rapidly firing - like ten pictures or something. Does this really mean I'm taking ten pictures? I think it does. Anyway, how do you turn off the so called burst mode?

EDIT: I am using the 3 second delay (to minimize motion while taking a picture). Seems like this is causing the burst mode to turn on.

iPhone 7 Plus

Posted on Mar 4, 2020 7:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2020 7:10 PM

There is no setting to turn off Burst Mode. It would depend on how long you hold your finger on the shutter button as to how many shots you get. If you just tap the button, you should only get one shot. If you would like to see a change, you can provide feedback to Apple here, www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

I know with the newer model phones using iOS 13.3.1, if you want burst mode, you press and slide your finger to the left of the screen and hold it while the burst mode counts the number of shots. I'm not sure if it works the same way on the older phones, as I don't have one to test it with.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 4, 2020 7:10 PM in response to silver_mica

There is no setting to turn off Burst Mode. It would depend on how long you hold your finger on the shutter button as to how many shots you get. If you just tap the button, you should only get one shot. If you would like to see a change, you can provide feedback to Apple here, www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

I know with the newer model phones using iOS 13.3.1, if you want burst mode, you press and slide your finger to the left of the screen and hold it while the burst mode counts the number of shots. I'm not sure if it works the same way on the older phones, as I don't have one to test it with.

iPhone 7 plus - Turn off Burst Mode (Camera)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.