Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Proximity sensor issue in iPhone XR

During a call if I pull the phone away from my ear, the screen goes black and then even after tapping several times and sometimes also pressing the power button, the screen doesn't come on again.

Posted on Mar 5, 2020 5:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2020 5:32 AM

Check if anything (cover or screen protector) is obstructing your proximity sensor (try to remove them).

Shouldn't be this case, it could be a sensor glitch. Have your iphone inspected at an Apple Store or Authorized Service Provider:--> Apple – Location Selector

Regards

Giulio

7 replies

Mar 6, 2020 9:40 AM in response to ProustGiulio

Called Apple Support. Was told they will run a whole diagnostics and I have to note down how many time the issue occurs in 30 minute window and they they will take a diagnostic log from my phone after my consent and then share with apple engineers. Long story short I decide to go to the service centre. The issue is very frustrating as the screen becomes irresponsive during a call if.I more the phone away from my ear and then it wakes up only after several taps and button presses.

Proximity sensor issue in iPhone XR

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.