Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pop Up Dialogue Box "ServiceRecords" will damage your computer keeps coming up how do I stop this?

A dialogue box saying "ServiceRecords" will damage your computer This file was downloaded on an unknown date.

It then has a checkbox that says "Report malware to Apple to protect other users"

How do I get this dialogue box to stop popping up for this instance and sometimes it will list other files as well if its not this one.

Any help would be appreciated.

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 6, 2020 7:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2020 8:03 PM

I believe you have Citrix software installed. Uninstall the software completely which includes all support files as well as applications. Once the problem is cleared up, reinstall the Citrix software if you need it.

9 replies

Mar 23, 2020 6:12 AM in response to kimovr

Hi. You will have noticed that it places a greyed out "usr" folder on your hard drive and, being greyed out, it won't let you delete or drag any of the folders contained within it to the trash. However, after much delving into these folders, I found the two offending pop-ups, "ServiceRecords" and the other (can't remember what that was called) in the bottom level of one of the folders, and that these could be dragged to the trash. When that was done, the problem - and the greyed out folders - disappeared. So you'll need to keep searching that bad usr folder until you find those two files. I don't think a spotlight search will find them, and neither of two malware removal apps, including the one recommended by Apple, "Malwarebytes", found them. Please note I'm not a tech expert. Good luck!

May 4, 2020 3:58 PM in response to airduster

Hi - this has been happening on my Macbook Air today. Malware Bytes doesn't catch it.

I can't find any usr folders on my hard drive.

When I try to drag the ServiceRecords file or folder to the trash, I get a request for password. I should NOT enter the password, correct?

And any words of advice on finding the usr folders or files?

Many thanks. I've spent hours on this already today! (just a regular layperson, not a tecchie)

Jun 3, 2020 7:10 PM in response to teerth176

None of these fixes worked for me. Service Records and Receiver Helper Pop Ups came from nowhere, and nothing I did in terms of these fixes worked. Evidently, they work in tandem, so you have to elimiate both to get rid of either pop up. The way I found that worked was speed. You have to click on the program in finder and rapidly trash it, then get the second one quickly (I had a third one that seemed somewhat connected too and trashed it as well), and this is hard as the pop up keeps blocking your attempts. But if you act very rapidly, you can beat them to the punch, and then quickly empty trash. I did close them in utility but that did not stop them. I looked everywhere for them, but to no avail. They are not in applications that I could see, and resetting the browser did not work. Spent half the day. I guess that makes the guys who designed these malwares happy to know they cause other people to waste so much time doing nothing. Such solid, useful lives.

Pop Up Dialogue Box "ServiceRecords" will damage your computer keeps coming up how do I stop this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.