Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Major problem of color calibration since months , need help.

Hi friends , my monitor is samsung SA300 , I have been editing on it since 10 years now , I have two OS on two separate hard discs that use the same monitor, on one I have mountain lion and on another I have Sierra , both have fcpx , have the same ICC profile / colour profile selected on both the systems and the monitor settings remain the same .... but I don't know why colours on both the OS are completely different , with mountain lion I get colour close to perfect but on sierra everything is unreal and misleading , I have calibrated both the monitor with the inbuilt software too, both have same icc profile , in both monitor setting remains same .... but since I do not see anything else on the OS with which I can manipulate colour , brightness and contrast , I have not been able to understand how to get colours on sierra close to real or at least like on my mountain lion , what can be the possible reason of this difference and what can I do to assure similar colors on sierra too... plz help.

Posted on Mar 6, 2020 8:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2020 10:31 PM

You haven't mentioned this in your post, macOS Sierra introduced Night Shift which alters the colour of your Display for more eye friendly hues. Open System Preference> Displays> Night Shift and switch it off. For colour critical work Night Shift needs to be off.

When using the inbuilt calibration tool in macOS Sierra are you using Expert Mode, Apple in their infinite wisdom stopped displaying this option openly. Open System Preferences> Displays> Colour, press and hold down the alt/ option key and click on the Calibrate button, you should now get another panel where you can turn expert mode on, follow the instructions as you go through the various steps.

Although using the inbuilt calibration tool can get you reasonable results nothing beats using a

screen calibration device and its bespoke software.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 6, 2020 10:31 PM in response to Mudh Mark

You haven't mentioned this in your post, macOS Sierra introduced Night Shift which alters the colour of your Display for more eye friendly hues. Open System Preference> Displays> Night Shift and switch it off. For colour critical work Night Shift needs to be off.

When using the inbuilt calibration tool in macOS Sierra are you using Expert Mode, Apple in their infinite wisdom stopped displaying this option openly. Open System Preferences> Displays> Colour, press and hold down the alt/ option key and click on the Calibrate button, you should now get another panel where you can turn expert mode on, follow the instructions as you go through the various steps.

Although using the inbuilt calibration tool can get you reasonable results nothing beats using a

screen calibration device and its bespoke software.

Major problem of color calibration since months , need help.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.