Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hello , how can i download facebook on my device

my device dosn't allow downloading facebook as example , reporting that my IOS 9.3.5 , and IOS 10 is needed

is it possible to upgrade my OS to 10 ?

iPad 2, iOS 9

Posted on Mar 7, 2020 11:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 7, 2020 11:35 PM

If you're using an iPad 2 as your signature implies then, no, you cannot install the Facebook app.

Your device is already running the latest supported version of iOS - it cannot run iOS 10.

At this point you'll be limited to accessing Facebook via its web interface, which is still functional. Just point Safari to https://facebook.com/ although you'll likely get repeated attempts to redirect you to the app.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 7, 2020 11:35 PM in response to EEGYMTO

If you're using an iPad 2 as your signature implies then, no, you cannot install the Facebook app.

Your device is already running the latest supported version of iOS - it cannot run iOS 10.

At this point you'll be limited to accessing Facebook via its web interface, which is still functional. Just point Safari to https://facebook.com/ although you'll likely get repeated attempts to redirect you to the app.

Mar 8, 2020 12:29 AM in response to EEGYMTO

I would STOP using that nearly 3-year old Safari web browser, as it is, probably, not safe and secure to use any longer, and seek out a third party web browser that is STILL currently being updated and STILL being supported on iOS 9.3.5.

Here are a few third party web browsers that I know are STILL being updated and supported on iOS 9.

Available and more popular third party Web browser choices are dwindling faster, now.

There are still a handful of iOS 9 and earlier supported third party Web browsers.

Most of these have had recent updates, too!

Here’s what’s left.

iCab Mobile Web browser

Aloha Web browser

ALook Web browwer

Dolphin Web browser

DuckDuckGo Private Web browser

Snow Bunny Web browser

Maxthon Web browser

Private Browsing Web browser by Savvy Soda

Private Browser Deluxe

TOR browser anonymous

Turbo VPN browser

TOR + VPN web browser private

Also, 2nd gen iPad is a 9-year old device, now!

Its internal hardware is too old, underpowered and completely incompatible with any of the current and future versions of iOS/iPadOS.

Sorry. It is what it is at this very late date, now here in the year 2020.

If you need an iPad that can run the latest and greatest versions of iOS, as well as, the most current apps available, then, you will need to purchase a new iPad from Apple or a discounted, refurbished iPad from Apple’s Refurbished & Clearance section of Apple’s Website.

These old iPad 2, 3, 4 and 1st gen iPad Mini models are nearing 8 and 9-years old, now.

As of the beginning of 2019, many, MANY third party app developers are all more quickly and completely dropping older app support for all old 7, 8 and 9-year iPads that are running 2-3 year old and earlier iOS versions.

Third party app developers are removing all of their older, legacy versions of their apps from Apple's App Store servers, now.

Older versions of apps are going to be gone for good, now!

Getting older versions of app for these old iPad models, initially from Apple’s iOS App Store is getting to be very difficult and problematic, now, and will only be getting much worse in 2020.

These old iPads are now reaching their complete end of life and support.

Old iPads that can no longer be upgraded/updated will have NO MORE APPS AVAILABLE for initial download, at all, soon, from the Apple iOS App Store, for such old iOS devices in the very near future.

Older versions of apps for older iPads will be completely gone, very soon!

This is now the time to seriously consider a new or discounted, refurbished iPad from Apple or other Apple authorised resellers.

The 2019, 7th gen iPads have a larger screen, much faster processors, AT LEAST, 3 times the internal RAM, iPadOS 13 support, with much better much multitasking features, Apple Pencil and Apple Smart keyboard cover support and have better audio speakers and better built-in cameras.

A lot has happened with iPad and iOS in 7-9 years and in the past 2 to 3-1/2 years since iOS 9 and 10.

Amazon, itself, currently sells new, sealed in box, Apple's base model 2019, 7th gen, 10.2 inch screen, WiFi ONLY 32 and 128 GBs iPad models selling for $269and $359, respectively, through its own direct sales distribution.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07XQYPM2N?pf_rd_p=ab873d20-a0ca-439b-ac45-cd78f07a84d8&pf_rd_r=6HW54HFD0YSC2ZE3CP7Z

Sorry & Best of Luck to You!

Hello , how can i download facebook on my device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.