Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issues with restarting

HELP my mac keeps restarting every since i installed catalina.

iMac Pro

Posted on Mar 8, 2020 4:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 8, 2020 5:16 AM

bulldogjoy wrote:

HELP my mac keeps restarting every since i installed catalina.

You do not say what exact Mac /model /year /size /retina /touchbar is this

or

what exact macOS did you upgrade from to the new Cataliana?

If your Mac restarted because of a problem - Apple Support

5 replies

Mar 22, 2020 4:46 PM in response to leroydouglas

Sharing the orginator's issue (MacBook Pro 15" 2016, model A1707), I have tried everything, short of a backup (which I didn't do, stupid me) and a wipe-and-reinstall, from every website. One clarifying point: I don't even have to log-in for it to crash and restart. I turn on my laptop, just leave it on the log-in screen, and the system crashes and restarts; I never have to touch my laptop once I power it on, and it will just be stuck in a perpetual restart-cycle.

For your awareness, my crash report states:

System model name: MacBookPro13,3 (Mac-A5C67F76ED83108C)

The rest.

Apr 3, 2020 10:35 AM in response to leroydouglas

Having the same issue, MacBook Air 2017 13 inch, 1.8 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5. Every time I agree to update it restarts then does very little and I am back to where I was, my System Preferences telling me there is an update but I can't update because it returns to the screen telling me to update. I even tried following another post that said to download the MacOSSUCombo for 10.15.4 and ran that which appeared to go through all the normal update screens and took the usual 20 plus minutes and on restart I still get the Software Update notice and the update I just did doesn't appear to show in the Software Update tab. Crazy.

Issues with restarting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.