Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID set up stuck on load screen

What do I do if the screen has “ it may take a few minutes to set up your Apple ID “ it has been on the screen for 3 hours and it won’t let me restart my phone

Posted on Mar 8, 2020 5:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 8, 2020 6:04 PM

Try a forced restart and then try the set up again.

I assume that you have an iPhone 8 or newer, but just in case, here are instructions for all iPhone models.

• iPhone 8 or later: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then press and hold the Side button until you see the Apple logo.
  • iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, and iPod touch (7th generation): Press and hold both the Top (or Side) button and the Volume Down buttons until you see the Apple logo.
  • iPad with Home button, iPhone 6s or earlier, and iPod touch (6th generation) or earlier: Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons until you see the Apple logo.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 8, 2020 6:04 PM in response to Kay_cole2

Try a forced restart and then try the set up again.

I assume that you have an iPhone 8 or newer, but just in case, here are instructions for all iPhone models.

• iPhone 8 or later: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then press and hold the Side button until you see the Apple logo.
  • iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, and iPod touch (7th generation): Press and hold both the Top (or Side) button and the Volume Down buttons until you see the Apple logo.
  • iPad with Home button, iPhone 6s or earlier, and iPod touch (6th generation) or earlier: Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons until you see the Apple logo.

Apple ID set up stuck on load screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.