Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Driver for Canon 8800F Scanner

Responding to previous posts regarding the unavailability of the Driver and Software for the Canon 8800F Scanner. I just about gave up trying to use that Canon scanner. However, when I installed an update for another scanner I had, namely a Mustek A3 2400S, Image Acquire v2.1 installed and worked with the Canon Scanner. Mustek also offers another piece of software for the Mac called ScanMust and it supposedly works with Mac OS up to 10.15.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Mar 9, 2020 9:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 9, 2020 2:11 PM

The paid, 64-bit VueScan product supports this scanner on macOS without any installed Canon software or drivers. VueScan will cost far less than any competent photo scanner. The same VueScan software may also drive your Mustek scanner. You can try before you buy.

In 2010, I purchased VueScan Professional (then $79) because I had a different, but long discontinued Canon scanner. Since that time, I have never paid a cent for any VueScan update, and still use it with that scanner. I do not receive financial, or any other benefit from Hamrick Software for suggesting VueScan Professional here.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 9, 2020 2:11 PM in response to katemap

The paid, 64-bit VueScan product supports this scanner on macOS without any installed Canon software or drivers. VueScan will cost far less than any competent photo scanner. The same VueScan software may also drive your Mustek scanner. You can try before you buy.

In 2010, I purchased VueScan Professional (then $79) because I had a different, but long discontinued Canon scanner. Since that time, I have never paid a cent for any VueScan update, and still use it with that scanner. I do not receive financial, or any other benefit from Hamrick Software for suggesting VueScan Professional here.

Driver for Canon 8800F Scanner

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.